What I would like for you to do is write down what you believe God wants you to be as a woman and as a future girlfriend/wife and how He desires you to act with your current/future man.
I like the idea of using a positive present tense, ie “I am” not “I want to be” or “I should be.” And I like the idea of not using negative statements like “I don’t” or “I won’t.”
How about praying about and writing out a spiritual “purpose statement” of what kind of woman God wants you to be in the next 4-6 months.
You can use Part 2 of the godly woman teat from yesterday as inspiration. Or you may use Galatians 5:22-23, I Corinthians 13:3-8, Philippians 4:4-8, Philippians 4:13, etc…
I am a Spirit-filled woman of God whose faith in Christ is unwavering. I have God’s Spirit of power, love and sound mind. I am bursting with His spiritual fruit every day. My man often gets drenched in the things that come streaming out of my soul like God’s:
- love – I love without expectation and without strings. I love others because God’s love fills my heart.
- joy – I have unquenchable joy every single day because my identity is solely in Christ and He is working all things for my ultimate good and His glory in my life. I have been forgiven MUCH, so I love Jesus MUCH. I put Jesus WAY above everything and everyone else in my life. He IS my life.
- peace – I rest in God’s supernatural and indescribably addictive peace every day because I trust His sovereignty and I hope only in Him, not in people or in changing circumstances. I love God’s design for marriage and finding shelter in my man’s covering, protection, provision and God-given leadership. I am so free, light and unburdened now! This is truly abundant life!
- patience – I have patience and grace to give to my man and to others because I know that God has been infinitely patient and full of grace towards me.
- kindness – I have a storehouse of kindness to share with my guy and to others because of God’s great kindness towards me.
- goodness – I do my man and others good every moment of every day. I know that we are on the same team and I am thankful for the chance to be in his life. I love speaking with respect to my guy and meeting the deepest masculine needs of his heart. I use my words to build him up, to admire him, to bless him and to affirm him.
- gentleness – I have the power to respond with gentleness even when my man or others are irritable, angry or upset because I see what they can be in Christ.
- faithfulness – I am faithful to Christ (and to my marriage covenant in the future) because God empowers me to love Him with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and He gives me new eyes to see my husband with His love and compassion.
- self-control – I respond to my guy with a friendly tone of voice, with a smile, with a pleasant expression on my face and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to love and respect this man and to share this life together. It is a gift.
I feast on God’s Word daily. I humble myself before God in prayer and I am a woman of fervent, effectual prayer.
I have a peaceful and gentle spirit that does what is right and has great confidence and faith in Christ. I prize the kind of beauty that God values. I seek God’s approval alone. I look forward to this adventure He has planned for my life. I trust Him and I joyfully submit myself fully to Him, holding nothing back.
How about you?
What do you believe is God’s purpose statement for you?
You are welcome to share yours here if you would like to!
You are also welcome to talk about anything that is on your mind! We are on this road together. I’m so glad we can share and encourage one another!