God gave us as women an incredible verbal ability and gift. I believe He did this so that we might greatly bless our families with words of life, inspiration, nurturing, edification, godly truth and encouragement!
Some life-giving words our men/families/friends/siblings need to hear from us – (they MUST be genuine and sincere from our hearts – do not say these things if you don’t mean them! Not all of these will apply to all relationships):
- I’m SO proud of you for _________!
- I LOVE YOU just the way you are!
- I love you because you are you.
- I am the luckiest/most blessed girl in the world to get to be here with you!
- You are so precious to me!
- I love being your friend/sister/girlfriend/fiance
- Being with you is my favorite part of the day.
- You are my HERO! Thank you SO much for saving the day! (When someone helps you)
- I love your sense of humor/wit/intelligence/talents/personality/creativity/musical ability.
- You are such a blessing to me. I’m glad God gave you to me.
- I am the happiest girl in the world to your friend/sister/girlfriend!
- Sure, I have time to listen. What’s on your heart?
- I can’t wait to hear all about your day.
- You have such wonderful ideas!
- I am so glad/thankful to be here with you right now.
- (When someone spills something, makes a mess) It’s ok. No big deal. Let me help you clean that up! 🙂
- This family/friendship/relationship is a huge gift from God to me.
- Your feelings are important to me.
- Your ideas are important to me.
- I admire your insights and wisdom.
- What do you think?
- Let’s do something FUN together!
- What would YOU like to do today?
- What’s on your heart today?
- You’re my favorite person! / You are one of my favorite people!
- I’m so glad you are the way you are.
- Being with you is such a blessing!/a gift!
- Thank you SO MUCH!
- I appreciate all that you do for me.
- My life is so much richer because you are in it.
- I am so happy right here with you – all my dreams have come true.
- I trust you.
- I have faith in you.
- I believe in you.
- I respect you.
- I admire you because of __________.
- I look up to you. The way you ___________ makes me want to be more like you.
- I’ll never give up on you.
- I am so sorry. I was wrong.
- I apologize.
- Of course I forgive you.
How about you?
What life-giving, affirming, wholesome, beautiful words do you like to use to build up your friends and those you love?
What are some of the most meaningful things your parents/boyfriend/mentor/friend said to you that built you up and made you a stronger, better person?
Gentlemen- what kinds of affirming, life giving things mean the most to you when a girl uses words to sincerely build you up?