If we are open to it, I believe God wants to use this pandemic to do some INCREDIBLE things in us all! Things that are much greater than we could ever dream!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us… Eph. 3:20
11 blessings I see:
- Our eyes are being opened to just how dependent we are on the Lord.
- We are being humbled, seeing how little control we really have.
- The earthly things we have put our faith in are being shaken, forcing us to look for the only One who is unshakeable.
- Our idols are toppling. The things that have been distracting us are being torn away from us all.
- Christians are seeing sin in our lives and repenting. We are becoming stronger in our faith and much more emboldened to share Jesus, the gospel, and His love.
- We are all being refined and purified spiritually.
- Many unbelievers are more open to the gospel and willing to consider eternal things.
- We are suddenly developing a greater eternal perspective about what things really matter. Loving God and loving people.
- Many people are reading the Bible more, praying more, and worshipping God more than ever.
- Christians are uniting across the world in fervent prayer. This plague may well be a giant catalyst for a massive wave of repentance and salvation, a new Great Awakening!
- We are going to come out of this with a much deeper sense of appreciation for so many things we have been taking for granted. Perhaps a beautiful spirit of thanksgiving will replace the spirit of entitlement that has been so prevalent.
God is powerfully at work. He is good. He is sovereign. He is going to use this pandemic to accomplish His eternally good purposes. Perhaps to bring millions of lost souls into the kingdom while there is still a bit of time left before the rapture and the Great Tribulation.
Yes, we are living during the Great Apostasy. But wouldn’t it be just like our wonderful God to mercifully drive a huge wave of people to Himself while there was just a little time left for grace?
This is a time to be alert, watchful, and praying. It is a time to ruthlessly tear out any sin in our hearts and lives. It is a time for great faith in God. It is a time to praise and worship God with all our hearts.
This is a time to be open to all He wants to do in us and to allow Him to conform us more to the image of Christ. And it is a time to be available to all He wants to do through us by the power of His Spirit to minister to others who are afraid, confused, and lost.
God is with us. He will never forsake us. He promises to be with us till the end of the age. He will give us the power, wisdom, comfort, and encouragement we need to get through this and anything else that may happen. We can stand on His promises and build our lives on Christ, the Solid Rock.
God has seen fit to place us here for such a time as this. May we be overflowing with the Holy Spirit’s power to pour blessing, Life, and hope to all we come in contact with. May He richly bless the world through each of us.
Much love to each of you!
PRAY WITH ME
We praise Your Name! You are still on Your throne. Everything in this universe bends to Your will, even things that some may have intended for evil. You promise to use all things, good and bad, for the ultimate good of those who love You and are called according to Your purposes (Rom. 8:28-29)
Things all around us are being shaken. But You are unshakeable! We choose faith. Not fear. We choose to trust You. We know You are getting things lined up for the Great Tribulation and that time may be short. Help us use our time wisely. Use us to bring great glory to Your Name.
Please give our leaders great wisdom. We look to You to provide for our needs. No human, bank account, government, or leader can do so. We are totally dependent on Your supply.
We pray that You might stop this virus and mercifully spare millions of lives and our economy. But most of all, we ask for Your glory. We ask for a great harvest of souls. We ask to be made more like Christ.
We yield ourselves to Your refining fire. Teach us all You want us to learn. Change us to fit us for Your Kingdom. Thank You for the blessings in this trial. We choose to count this difficult trial as joy, waiting with great anticipation to see Your miracles flow from it.
What blessings are you seeing from your perspective? What divine opportunities have you noticed so far?
You are welcome to share a prayer, as well. There is power when we pray and seek the Lord humbly together.
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chronicles 16:9