I am super excited about some things that are going on in my relationship. The Lord has really been guiding both of us since the day of my fiance’s proposal. It is wonderful. But I am here to talk about how the Lord started to change the dynamic in our relationship.
I started this journey I believe (3 months ago) on becoming a respectful girlfriend/fiance/wife.
The beautiful sides to being more respectful are beginning to show.
- First I had to work on realizing that he was the head. His decisions go (even though we’re not married, I wanted to practice this). If I knew I still had to do something for my life I was able to being that we are yet to be married, but I tried to respect that his input should have more value than before.
- Next I started calming down more and discussing issues instead of blowing up (still a work in progress).
- My most recent addition is giving him time to make decisions, whether they are big or small.
There are other things I am sure, but those are the biggest ones that I have noticed in my life.
I thought that this would take forever before I would see the fruits of my efforts. (From Peacefulwife – it takes a lot longer the more damage there has been in the relationship – the more wounded the man is, the longer the process, and the more obedient to God a woman is, that helps to speed things up many times.)
My fiance has actually started to make decisions on his own.
- He is sharing his thoughts more freely than before.
- He has been listening to the Lord and can trust that I will abide by the answer, or at least be open to discuss the responses.
Two things surprised me the most.
I never knew that the Lord could work this fast, but seeing my fiance just trusting me is amazing. Seeing how he is being more of a leader instead of a follower really opens up the doors for me to respect him more easily. It is still going to be a challenge, but I know for a fact that the Lord has kept us on the right path.