THE PEACEFUL WOMAN CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD IN GARNETT, KS NOVEMBER 17TH-18TH!
This conference is about godly femininity and biblical womanhood and is open to teenage girls on up to senior adult women. Click on this link to find out more info and to buy tickets. You are welcome to join us as we talk about things like:
- Rejecting the Lies of the World about My Femininity
- Receiving God’s Good Design for Womanhood
- Accepting My Body As a Blessing
- Purifying My Words
- Thinking, Speaking, and Acting with Modesty
- Harnessing My Emotions
- Choosing My Friends Wisely
- Developing My Feminine Influence
Lunch will be included for those who would like to have the meal that will be provided. Tickets including lunch are $25 per person. Tickets that don’t include lunch on Saturday are $20 per person and all tickets include a workbook with the outline of the presentation and room for you to take notes.
Before we belonged to Jesus, we were spiritually completely dead and we were slaves to sin. We had no choice but to sin. (Rom. 6:17-18)
Once we are glorified in heaven with Jesus, we will be completely sinless and perfect with no more access to our sinful nature. That will be amazing!
But we still have access to our sinful nature until we reach heaven, even if we belong to Jesus. We won’t be completely sinlessly perfect until we are glorified in heaven with Jesus. God does not remove our ability to choose here on earth. We have free will and we can choose to yield to the flesh, the old sinful nature. Or we can choose to yield to the Holy Spirit.
Yes, even in our most difficult circumstances and most difficult relationships, we can choose to live by the Spirit!
Believers in Christ are the only ones who can choose not to sin.
- Our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been set free from sin. (Rom. 6:6-7)
- Count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. (Rom. 6:11-12)
- Rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. (Rom. 6:13-14)
Once we are “in Christ,” everything changes!
– Our identity changes. Our old self is dead and buried with Jesus. We are new creations in Him.
– Our power source changes – now we have the Holy Spirit.
– We now have a conscious decision to make whether to allow the Spirit to be in control or the flesh to be in control.
– God transforms us to be more and more like Jesus in every day life as we learn to walk in all that He has provided for us already on the cross.
We don’t have the power to walk in victory in our own strength or our old nature. But, what an incredible gift that we can walk in victory over sin as we allow the Holy Spirit to have control in our lives and we yield to Jesus as LORD of everything in our lives.
- No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. (Rom. 8:37)
- No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Cor. 10:13)
- But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:17)
- But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. (2 Cor. 2:14)
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)
As we abide in Christ and live in the Spirit, we absolutely can be victorious over sin. The times we stumble and sin are the times we are not abiding in Christ and we choose to live in the flesh.
- So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Gal. 5:16-18
May we each choose to walk by the Spirit today for God’s glory!
How has God given you victory over sin that used to be a great struggle for you? We’d love to hear! If you are struggling with some besetting sin issue and would like prayer, you are also welcome to share.
Got Questions – posts about being “in Christ”
Got Questions – posts about victory over sin
Desiring God (John Piper’s site) – posts about being “in Christ”
Desiring God (John Piper’s site) – posts about victory over sin