Imagine the hopelessness we would have if He had not come to save us. Easter Sunday—the resurrection of Jesus Christ—is the greatest event in human history!
We can do nothing to earn salvation or earn heaven. Jesus did ALL the work for us!
But Jesus’ life is total perfection. And He offers us a Great Exchange:
- Our sinfulness and insane amount of debt to God for Jesus’ sinless perfection.
- Our helplessness for Jesus’ strength.
- Our shame for His totally right relationship with God, the Father.
- Our punishment and condemnation for His eternal life.
It is the most incredible love in all the universe that God offers to each of us through Jesus if only we will accept Him.
Today is the day to make things right with God. We are not guaranteed another day. May we all seek the Lord while He may be found!
What Do We Need to Do to Be Right with God?
- We acknowledge our total helplessness to earn heaven and fellowship with the one holy God of the universe. “No one is righteous, no not one” (Rom. 3:10). “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Rom. 3:23).
- We humbly turn from our sin (repent) and admit that our sin is offensive in God’s sight. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
- We receive the gift of salvation Jesus offers to us by faith. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast” (Eph. 2:8-9).
- We follow Jesus as the only Lord of our lives from this moment on. “Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Rom. 10:9).
We humbly step down off the throne of our lives and invite Jesus to be in charge from now on. He, alone, deserves our worship, faith, trust, and full obedience.
He alone can provide the purpose, identity, security, love, belonging, peace, joy, and fulfillment we all desire. Nothing else can satisfy the longing of our souls.
Then we let Him cleanse us and heal us. We receive His truth from the Bible. We receive His Holy Spirit to guide us. We allow Him to empower us to live lives that please God.
- In Christ, we die to our old self, our old sinful nature, and this world.
- In Christ, we have forgiveness for all of our sins! We can be right with God and have peace with Him and with ourselves!
- In Christ, we are raised to new life with a new nature, His nature!
- In Christ, we have victory!
- In Christ, we are seated in the heavenly realms!
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”John 8:12
He heals us. He heals relationships. He raises spiritually dead people to new life by the same power that raised Jesus from the grave on Easter Sunday!
We can be fearless because God’s “perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18). We can look forward to being part of God’s kingdom and family, enjoying the most incredible fellowship with Christ and those who love Him for all eternity in heaven together.
He is our hope no matter what may happen in this world. We keep our eyes on Him and trust Him to lead us as our Good Shepherd. He will provide for us and care for us as we leave everything behind to follow Him.
He Is RISEN! ????
???? For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.John 3:16
If you want to make things right with God today and need some help, please comment and let me know!
If you want to share praises to God for what He has done for you or encouragement to others, you are welcome to share!
What Is Lordship Salvation? by www.gotquestions.org