I spent some time over the past month praying, asking God what was blocking me from growing more in my faith. It is a question I want to ask myself and the Lord every so often. He showed me that I have been too distracted. Mostly by comments and emails related to ministry stuff – I can easily spend about 2 hours per day, 7 days per week on that. And I often check comments and emails multiple times an hour. Ack! I am addicted!
So God is asking me to do something different. At least for a time.
He is asking me to give up my comment section on my blogs and my ministry-related emails for Lent.
This year Lent runs from 2-14-18 through 3-28-18. I have never really observed Lent before. But the Lord has made it clear to me that He wants to take me much deeper with Him. He is saying to me:
“Come away with Me and rest for awhile.”
Well, my precious sisters (and brothers), I can’t possibly turn down an invitation like that from my Lord! How sweet that He wants me to Himself for a bit. And that the time starts on Valentine’s Day. I want to always be willing to drop anything for Him. If I am not doing things His way, and not completely depending on His power, anything I do will be worthless, or even harmful.
Now, with it being about 6 weeks until the launch of The Peaceful Mom book and with all He wants to do in my life, my ministry, my own church, this ministry, the church as a whole, and in America – He is calling me to 40 days of fasting from online ministry connections.
Honestly, this is really hard! It’s painful. And, at first, it kind of made me nervous. I love all of you, my readers. You are very dear to me. I feel so connected to you and love to be here with you and be here for you. I love the interaction, love, camaraderie, and fellowship we share here.
Some questions began to pop into my mind:
- What if my readers need me?
- What if they feel abandoned?
- What if they can’t find what they need on my site?
- What if this hurts my ministry to them? Forty days is a long time!
- What if people quit reading my blog because I am not available for 6 weeks?
God had some really amazing answers for me:
- Your readers are My precious lambs. I am holding them in my arms. They are Mine first. I will never leave them or forsake them. Even if you take a break that I want you to take. I will take care of them.
- “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life” – John 14:6. As they seek Me first, they will find everything they need.
- I’ve got them. You have left plenty of still water and green grass all over your sites for them to eat. I’ll help them find what they need on your sites and in My Word.
- You are exalting yourself way too much, April. Watch that pride! They really don’t need your advice and personal counsel. They need Me. My Spirit, My truth, My wisdom, My Word, and My power.
- I’m going to show you that I can bless your ministry even if the comments are closed. I can use this site even if you aren’t there to answer comments every day for an extended period of time.
- I want and deserve your full, undivided attention.
- You need to rest in me and be still for awhile. Then I have a lot of things I want to show you. And I want to prepare and equip you for the major things I am about to do that will blow your mind.
- The times you grow the most are the times you take a break from ministry for a bit. When you come back filled up with much more of Me, you will share that overflow with your sisters and they will be greatly blessed, too. This will be a win for you and for them.
- I want you to set them a godly example of how to step back and take a break and be spiritually replenished. Many of them need to do something similar to come away with Me during this time, too.
He wants me to:
- Be still in Him.
- Wait on Him.
- Rest in Him.
- Soak in His presence.
- Praise Him.
- Thank Him.
- Seek Him more than ever.
- Soak in His Word and goodness.
- Allow Him to restore my soul.
- Listen to His voice more than ever.
- Be ready to hear His new vision for my ministry going forward.
- Depend on a whole lot Him more to reach women and to heal and deliver them.
- Depend on myself a whole lot less.
God revealed to me:
This is the beginning of a big shift I have in store for your ministry.
I have always told God that I wanted to obey ANYTHING He instructed me to do. And that if He ever wanted me to give up anything in ministry, or all of it, I wanted to obey. So I am laying down comments and any kind of ministry emails until 3-29-18. I am not sure yet if I may still be posting at times. But the comments will be closed starting on Valentine’s Day. I just wanted to keep you in the loop! Can’t wait to see all that the Lord wants to do in that 6 weeks and to share with you all again soon.
Much love to each of you!