When women are whole in Christ they are empowered by God to have divine relationship skills that greatly bless their relationships
Once you see Jesus rightly and you see yourself rightly, then He gives you the ability to see other people with His eyes and to love them with His heart.
When the old nature controls us, we are all emotionally and verbally abusive to some degree or another. We act in dysfunctional ways. That is what our sinful nature does best.
The sinful nature hurts others, it grieves God, and it hurts us.
In Christ, you have freedom from your old sinful flesh so you no longer have to:
- Be easily offended,
- Cling to bitterness.
- Desire to harm others.
- Be filled with hatred.
- Be a people-pleaser, perfectionist, controlling person, or doormat.
- Look to anything or anyone else for your security, identity, contentment, and fulfillment other than Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Act in lust toward others, flirt with unavailable men, have sex outside of marriage, have emotional/physical affairs.
- Be dishonest.
- Use people and mistreat them.
- Be a slave to an addiction to porn, drugs, alcohol, gambling, body disorders, food, or anything else.
- Be jealous or desperate for something or someone other than Jesus.
- React in fear, anxiety, insecurity, and worry.
- Let your thoughts run out-of-control.
- Build your life and relationships on toxic lies from the enemy.
- Act in pride, selfishness, and/or self-righteousness.
You no longer have to live as a slave to these miserable principles and way of life!
You have freedom from all of this in Christ!
Just getting rid of these poisonous things goes a long way to helping us have much healthier relationships. But we can’t stop there!
We then allow Jesus to help us add the godly ways of thinking, talking, and relating to others. We become instruments in the hand of God to pour His heavenly life and love into our relationships with others. Even with those who are difficult to love.
Jesus gives us the power to look at others and see their pain, their spiritual woundedness and their suffering. He shows us how they are being held captive by the enemy of their souls. He helps us to see that people are not our enemies.
We have a real enemy and He helps us fight the actual enemy.
Now that you are in Jesus, you have the power of the Holy Spirit to act in your new nature:
- Produce the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control by the power of the Holy Spirit working in you even when others are acting in their flesh. (Gal. 5:22-23)
- Let God meet all your deepest spiritual and emotional needs and fill your spirit to overflowing.
- Grow spiritually by leaps and bounds as you seek Christ first above all else.
- Experience the immense love of God for you and then share that same incredible unconditional love with other people because God loves them and they are created in His image. (Gen. 1:27, 1 Cor. 13:4-8, 1 John 4:11)
- Be open to God’s Spirit and His leading to share His love in tangible ways with everyone around you. (Phil. 2:3-4)
- Walk in the victory of Christ.
- Repent and get back up when you stumble into sin and hurt God or someone else.
- Walk in humility and faith in God and His wisdom.
- Only do what will benefit and bless others in God’s eyes.
- Take your thoughts captive for Christ.
- Use God’s wisdom and discernment about how to best approach difficult people and situations.
- Know when not to trust people who are acting in the flesh and when to distance yourself respectfully from those who continue in unrepentant sin.
- Have compassion even for people who treat you as an enemy, realizing they need Jesus, and repay evil with good. (Matt. 5:43-48).
- Have a bit of God’s eternal perspective on situations.
This kind of divine love and power is very attractive to others. We let Jesus love and shine through us and pour His Spirit out from us all over everyone around us. Then He draws people to Himself through us and we get to experience His joy.
Yes, some may be offended by the fragrance of Jesus Christ in us, but our continued prayers, love, gentleness, respect, and kindness may be instruments in God’s hands over time to soften cold hearts to Jesus, salvation, and healing.
How has putting Jesus on the throne of your life and allowing Him to give you a new nature changed the way you treat others in your life?
Feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, upset, or confused? This is a great place to ask questions or request prayer. <3
The 4-Step Peace Plan
This plan is a simple pathway to show you how you can enter into the heroic life God has for you and experience real peace with God, with others (as far as it depends on you), and with yourself.
- Look upward -— Yield your life completely to the Lordship of Jesus,who is Lord of the universe.
- Look inward—Die to your old sinful nature and your old ways and put on your new nature in Christ.
- Look outward—Receive Jesus’ eyes and heart for others to love them with His divine love.
- Look forward—Watch Jesus turn your pain, trials, and difficult relationships into beauty for your ultimate good, a blessing for others, and His greatest glory. And look forward most of all to eternity in heaven with Him and everyone who loves Him forever!