By Trina – a 36 year old single sister in Christ:
God’s Word is an incredible gift. It is a powerful weapon, and truly a love letter of sorts. It’s so special because it has everything we need in it. It tells us everything we need to know, including who God is, how we can be saved, how we can live in a manner that’s pleasing to Him, and how we can live in victory in this life. The Bible tells us how to deal with Satan. Lately, I have been experiencing increased spiritual warfare. For any of us who are feeling down or weary, experiencing fiery trials, or are in a season of waiting – there are many scriptures in the Bible that speak life, hope, and encouragement to us.
How I Praise God for that!
There are many sisters, including myself, (and brothers ) who are waiting, praying and hoping for various reasons. Some may feel as if they have been waiting far too long already, with no sign of a breakthrough. The wait can last so long that some may lose heart. It is common to experience doubt, worry, fear, and feel defeat. When I am not intentionally filling my mind with God’s truth, and
if I am not taking my thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ, this gives satan a chance to intrude into my thoughts. The lies of the enemy loudly proclaim that they are in fact truth; that the “proof” of their authenticity is in my unfavorable circumstances.
Numerous times I have bought into these lies, entertained dark thoughts, and been dragged deep down into a well of darkness and despair – right to a place where Satan tries to convince me that living for Christ is not worth it with thoughts such as:
- Just look – look at all the hardships you’re going through…
- Look at all the ongoing mess…
- Where is God?
- What’s the point in serving Him anyway?
Next, Satan tries to plant ideas in my mind about a “solution” to the problems I am dealing with – an ungodly solution that suggests I should begin rebelling, telling me to step out and start trying to change my circumstances my own way, because God isn’t getting the job done.
Armed with the knowledge that Satan is a liar, a deceiver, and he is out to kill, still and destroy, I resist him, and his devices. I must be faithful, and I must remain submitted to Jesus Christ.
Thankfully, a very effective offense and defense against the enemy is the Word of God. The Word is power. I must speak life over my situations, speak the truth of God’s Word to counteract the lies. Prayer is also key.
The Bible tells us that in our circumstances we should be:
- Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. Romans 12:12-13.
Life seems tough at times, doesn’t it?
- In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus, concerning you. Thessalonians 5:18.
Do you question whether or not you really can trust God?
- Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. Psalm 73:25.
- Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE.
So that we may boldly say, THE LORD IS MY HELPER, AND I WILL NOT FEAR WHAT MAN SHALL DO UNTO ME.-Hebrews 12:5-6.
Are you experiencing hard times? Feast upon this:
- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us.
( see also entire chapter of Romans 8).
Do you feel weary?
- Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.- Matthew 11:28-30.
Feeling fear? It is not of God. No need to be afraid, my precious sisters:
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7.
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof….Psalm 46:1-3.
Anxious or worried? Let’s relax and be at peace. We can remain calm, knowing He is in control, and that He is all powerful:
- Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge… Psalm 46:8- 11.
There are many, many more helpful verses and scriptures in the Bible. It is so very important and beneficial to fully utilize God’s Word. We should make the most of it and feast upon it regularly.
We certainly are to obey all of His commandments, but the Bible is not just a book of rules. It truly is a great tool of power, hope, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, healing, and help for ALL the help we will ever need. All praise, glory, honor and thanks be to God!