I am taking an email vacation until January 7th. You may comment on posts – but I would appreciate it if everyone could hold emails for a few weeks, please. Thanks for your patience and understanding! 🙂
I don’t know if you realize this, but almost no one in the church is confronting us as Christian women about our sin today – to our great detriment.
That is a HUGE problem.
Unfortunately, many times we whitewash our sin and don’t take full responsibility for it.
We have bought the idea that we are somehow morally or spiritually superior to men or to other people. But that is not what scripture teaches.
Scripture teaches that ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23.
God makes no distinction between the sins of men vs. women.
My precious sisters in the Lord – we have been so deceived about SO MANY things in our culture to think they are ok when God says they are sin:
- pride (thinking I’m always right! I know best! Everyone needs to do what I say.)
- self-righteousness (I’m better than my man. I’m better than other people.)
- idolatry of self or trying to be in control ourselves (Idolatry means something I believe I MUST HAVE to be content and happy that is not Christ.)
- idolatry of romance (If I don’t have romance in my marriage, I am justified in doing whatever I want to do and I don’t have to obey God’s Word anymore.)
- idolatry of happiness (If I am not happy, I am allowed to do anything it takes to make myself happy even if it is sinful. Happiness is my ultimate goal, not obedience to Christ.)
- idolatry of beauty/thinness (including eating disorders)
- greed, love of money (idolatry of money)
- lack of faith in God
- possibly the use of certain types of birth control
- lack of godly love for other people
- screaming/yelling/calling people names/losing our temper (even when we have PMS this is sin)
- sex outside of marriage
- abortion (Psalm 139 – God creates babies in the womb and knows them by name and has plans for their lives. He does not give us the right to destroy another person’s life. That is murder.)
- lust (including when we read romantic novels or watch romantic movies)
- apathy toward the poor
- lack of sharing the gospel
- disrespect towards our husbands
- disrespect for any God-given authority
- usurping our husbands’ God-given authority
- divorcing our husbands for unbiblical reasons
- disobedience to God about ANYTHING
- living in worry and anxiety instead of faith in Christ
- addiction to drugs/alcohol/pornography or any addiction
If we don’t realize we are sinning, but continue on being deceived, we continue to cause more and more destruction in our own lives and in the lives of those around us and we will grow farther and farther away from Christ. That is what happened to me for so long earlier in our marriage. How I WISH someone had confronted me about my sin!!!!!
- Yes, it would have been painful, but it is always better to be confronted earlier rather than later about sin.
Jesus died for our sins! His blood is MORE than sufficient to cover any sin we have committed. This is GOOD NEWS because all of us are wretched sinners in desperate need of the grace and mercy and forgiveness of God. We cannot be good enough to meet God’s perfect standards of holiness on our own. We fall short by miles and miles. So God laid our sin on Jesus and poured out all of His wrath that we deserved onto His perfect Son so that we could receive the gift of forgiveness for every sin and eternal life with God in heaven. Jesus took our place and received the punishment we earned. Now He lets us have His Life and right standing with God so we can have the eternal life He earned. There is NO ONE who is beyond the reach of the grace of Christ. We can ALL be completely forgiven and cleansed and made right with God so that when God looks at us, He sees His Son in our place.
- We can repent and turn from every sin.
- We can acknowledge that our sin is wrong in God’s holy eyes.
- We can begin moving toward Christ and accept His forgiveness and His gift of His death in our place – receiving Him as our SAVIOR.
- We can commit ourselves to Him as LORD – submitting ourselves fully to His will and to His Lordship and seeking to please and obey Him above all else out of gratitude for all the grace, mercy and forgiveness He has given to us that we did not deserve.
- He can fill us with His Spirit and we can find TRUE peace, contentment, satisfaction, acceptance, purpose, identity and springs of Living Water in Him! He can empower us to live lives of obedience to His Word.
ONCE WE KNOW CHRIST JESUS AND HIS SACRIFICE FOR US – WE CANNOT GO ON DELIBERATELY SINNING!
This is a VERY sobering warning from scripture for us all!!!
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[e] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the handsof the living God. HEBREWS 10